Your mommy and daddy already love you very much.

We love you so much, in fact, we want to share our journey and the beginning of your amazing life with you, our friends, our families and any strangers who happen upon this blog.

Hi strangers, it's weird that you're reading this.

We have so much to learn from each other and we're so proud to be your parents. We have a lot of ground to cover, so let's get going littlest Chew...



Thursday, June 21, 2012

Just checking in

It seems these notes aren't as easy to write as I thought they would be.

Things are moving so fast and yet way too slowly. Huge changes, but things are still exactly the same. Life is just different now and Mommy and I are figuring it out pretty well I think.

I'll tell you one thing for sure, your Mommy is a champ. She works really hard, thinks about you constantly, and is already getting ready and making sure your life is going to be amazing. It is hard to keep up with her sometimes.

We went to visit our friend Evans' in North Carolina last weekend and she was great. We took you to your first concert. The Dirty Dozen Brass Band pumped your tiny ears full of New Orleans Jazz and will help insure your imminent awesomeness.

Pretty much everything gets me thinking about you. Who you will be, what you're going to like or dislike. Our friends are a big part of that too. Our friends here in Rochester and all over the place are really excited to meet you. They're probably going to spoil you and teach you all the cool things I'm not allowed to teach you. They will introduce you to amazing music, tell you stories about Mommy and Daddy, and you'll learn about how friends can become family and how important it is to surround yourself with great people without even trying.

Our lives will never be the same and at first that was really scary. Now I'm excited for it. I want to meet you. I want to meet me in a year. I want to meet me in four years and see if I'm holding up to my ideas of what and whom I want to be for you.

I find myself thinking and getting excited and worrying and then overthinking and then I stop. I take a breath. I think all of those things and I realize between me, you, your mom, our family, our friends, and Google we can handle anything.

And we will. We'll tackle everything and we'll do it with style.

- Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment