Your mommy and daddy already love you very much.

We love you so much, in fact, we want to share our journey and the beginning of your amazing life with you, our friends, our families and any strangers who happen upon this blog.

Hi strangers, it's weird that you're reading this.

We have so much to learn from each other and we're so proud to be your parents. We have a lot of ground to cover, so let's get going littlest Chew...



Friday, October 19, 2012

Third and final trimester



Estimated Due Date: January 6, 2013
Pregnancy: 28 weeks, 5 days- THIRD Trimester!
The baby is as big as: A Chinese cabbage
Weight gain: 16.5lbs of pure baby, baby!
Baby bump: Oh yeah! The bump measured exactly 28 centimeters at our 28 week appointment on Wednesday which is right on track.
 
How am I feeling?  Quite a bit has changed since the last update at 17 weeks. I still feel fabulous with all things considered but space is starting to get a bit crowed these days. Some days I feel like I can conquer the world and other days even showering seems like an impossible mission. Heartburn has become a daily battle and Thomas’ delicious stuffed Hungarian peppers and the 5lbs of Halloween candy currently in our house don’t exactly prevent the onset of it. I could also complain about the overall aches and pains of pregnancy- the ones that have turned my youthful body into one that feels 15 times its age. But really, if you reallllly want to know how I feel… I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve bursting with overwhelming thoughts of the unknown. Sure, I feel very pregnant at times but it doesn’t for a second take away from how thankful and thrilled I am to be working towards the new best chapter of my life. As I was lying in bed last night trying to fall asleep, with 4 pillows wedged around me and a baby flipping around my belly, I couldn’t stop thinking about how unbelievably excited I am. The anticipation reminds me of the feeling I used to have on Christmas Eve as I imagined what was inside of all those carefully wrapped packages under the tree. Much like I couldn’t wait for the unveiling of Santa’s surprises, I am bursting at the seams with wonder and anticipation about all of the characteristics of the best gift ever. What will she look like? Whose nose will she have? Will she have tiny ringlets or will she rock a bowl-cut until she’s 10? Will she love Bruce Springsteen as much as her Dad? Is she going to start talking at 9 months and never stop like her Mom? My thoughts are always going about the what-ifs of her life to come and it makes me feel this amazing feeling that I’ve never felt before. And even if she hates Bruce, has straight platinum blonde hair, and doesn’t say her first word until she’s 7, I’ll still feel the same way.
What am I craving? I like to say that my uncontrollable urge to eat all kinds of starchy pumpkin flavored foods is pregnancy related but the realist in me thinks it probably has more to do with Fall in Western New York. Doughnuts, pumpkin pie, cookies, all baked goods in general, hot chocolate, cooked squashes… fall foods are amazing.
Interesting/Noteworthy events of the week:
Thomas and I got a handful of fun stats and info about Baby Chew at our 28 week appointment on Wednesday that are worth noting.
Weight: 2.6lbs. This puts her in the 33rd percentile which is no surprise given the gene pool she’s pulling from (Sorry baby, you probably won’t be a basketball all-star!). Since she’s a tad on the small side, she’ll be monitored a little more closely to make sure she’s putting on the pounds at a steady rate.
Heart rate: 144 beats per minute, which is perfectly average.
Position: Although this can change at any minute, baby C is currently laying with her head on my right hip, her toes in my left rib cage and her tiny back pressed into my diaphragm. It explains so much about how I feel.
Abilities: Baby Chew put on quite the show for us during the ultrasound, which to our surprise was 3D! Within a span of just a few minutes we saw her blink, stick her tongue out, rub her face, and curl up to fall back asleep. There are no words in the world that can explain how absolutely amazing that was to see.

We also asked the ultrasound tech to confirm the sex for us,  just in case. 

She’s still a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment