Your mommy and daddy already love you very much.

We love you so much, in fact, we want to share our journey and the beginning of your amazing life with you, our friends, our families and any strangers who happen upon this blog.

Hi strangers, it's weird that you're reading this.

We have so much to learn from each other and we're so proud to be your parents. We have a lot of ground to cover, so let's get going littlest Chew...



Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Small and Mighty


“And though she be but little, she is fierce.” – William Shakespeare

I’m pretty sure that Shakespeare wasn’t referring to a one and a half pound person when he wrote this line for A Midsummer Night’s Dream but when I came across this quote on my favorite social networking website (thanks Erin Lewthwaite and Mark Zuckerberg!), I couldn’t help but think of our tiny cupcake.  Since I posted last, baby C has certainly mastered some ways to make her presence known and fierce is the perfect word to describe her tiny, yet so bold personality. She may be small but she communicates so well already. She always lets me know if I’ve been sedentary for too long by repeatedly kicking my side as if she’s encouraging her Mama to get up and move! And she lets me know when I’ve done too much by pushing down on my lower back as if she’s telling me “Its okay to take a break, Mom. Go put your feet up for a while!” Her newest trick is to kick any object that’s been resting on my belly for more than one minute- textbook, laptop, my arm. You name it. If it’s on my stomach, she will try her hardest to knock it off with her powerful kicks. It’s the most adorable distraction of my day and leaves me smiling long after she’s fallen back asleep.

It’s funny, I’ve never known it possible to miss anything or anyone that I’ve never seen or met before yet sometimes during the day, when she’s peacefully slumbering against my ribcage, I miss her. I miss her kicks and rolls and I miss holding her. I’ve obviously never cuddled her before but all I want to do is snuggle her in a warm blanket in my arms. It seems like I’ve done it before and I can’t wait to do it again. It’s a strange feeling. One that doesn’t really make much sense. But I think it just means that I love her more than anything ever before.

As we close in on the second trimester, I’m amazed and thankful for how fortunate I’ve been during the past 26 weeks of pregnancy. I couldn’t have made it this far so seamlessly without Thomas’ support, understanding, deliciously healthy cooking and wonderful foot massages. And I would have likely driven myself crazy over-analyzing the millions of adaptations my body has made to accommodate a second life if I didn’t have amazing advice and support from my girlfriends. I know we say it every time we post to the blog, but seriously, if we didn’t have the support system that we have, we would be two lost parents-to-be. We have just 14 short weeks left before we meet our precious work of art and I’m hoping the time flies by because we really just can’t wait to kiss her. 



                                                        20 weeks ultrasound picture- She has her next photo shoot on Oct 17th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment