Your mommy and daddy already love you very much.

We love you so much, in fact, we want to share our journey and the beginning of your amazing life with you, our friends, our families and any strangers who happen upon this blog.

Hi strangers, it's weird that you're reading this.

We have so much to learn from each other and we're so proud to be your parents. We have a lot of ground to cover, so let's get going littlest Chew...



Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Moving and shaking... less shaking.

Last week Jenna and I bought the baby's crib and put it together, together. I had finished up the room (a project that took way longer than I thought it was going to take, partially do to the trickiness of crown molding and partly due to me taking a two week break after the crown molding project).

Looking around the room and imagining everything we and the baby are going to do in the room was an overwhelming thought. I started remembering playing in my room when I was a little boy. A three year old lining up his stuffed animals and pretending I was a teacher. My first poster I put up on my own, when I was old enough to think things were cool.

Then one of my best friends and his wife had twins and I started thinking of all the friends the baby is going to have. That led to thinking of all the people who already love and cherish our baby and they haven't even meant it. We are finding out the sex Friday and next week we are having a Gender Reveal Party (because Sex Reveal Party sounds too provocative) and people are so excited for it. We have more people insisting on babysitting our child than asking. Friends who look out for Jenna and offer me completely unconditional support.

I'm not surprised. If anyone has ever read either of my other blogs, you know how much of an influence our friends and families are in our lives, but this is an entirely new level of love, respect, and community I was not expecting. In a lot of ways our baby and our family is a very private, personal, and special event Jenna and I get to experience together, but there is this whole encompanying sub plot involving the people around us who will be a huge part of our babies life.

I'm not one for blessings, but I do feel remarkably loved and supported. It isn't always easy. Jenna and I are doing our best and learning more and more as the days go by, but I can say with certainty and joy that the people around us want to make it better and easier. Sometimes people say the wrong thing or have no idea what the experience entails, but in a lot of ways that is just as nice. Their concern, over complicated personal and social adjustments, or just general lack of knowledge on the subject matter is endearing. It reminds me how special it is to be going through this. This entire experience puts us in a new an exciting challenge we get to tackle together. Thankfully we have a gigantic (and super attractive) team of supporters behind us. Let's just say Jenna is Ryan Fitzpatrick, I'm Mario Williams, and all our friends and family are packing into Rich Stadium every Sunday to support us as we completely and totally win the Super Bowl this year and every year after this. (I've been thinking of Football a lot lately. Editor's Note: If the Bill's end up doing poorly, which I highly doubt, please adjust this analogy to Jenna being McAdams, I'm Gossling, and all our friends and family are the millions of people who love the Notebook.)

I can't wait to meet this little person. I can't wait to be a dad. I already love seeing Jenna's little belly and it makes me just melt to think of where the world is taking us. Thanks everyone who has shared their love and support. It makes everything so much easier and I'm definitely not scared to admit we're going to need it. I hope to return the favor to all of you (via hugging) as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment