Your mommy and daddy already love you very much.

We love you so much, in fact, we want to share our journey and the beginning of your amazing life with you, our friends, our families and any strangers who happen upon this blog.

Hi strangers, it's weird that you're reading this.

We have so much to learn from each other and we're so proud to be your parents. We have a lot of ground to cover, so let's get going littlest Chew...



Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle

Seeing the baby move in our second ultra sound was mind blowing.

One second I see and hear the heartbeat (which is still amazing).

The next second we're getting measurements and I'm realizing how much bigger the baby has become since the first ultra sound.

Then Boom! Movement, lots of movement. The angle and image that pops into my mind is a wave like gyration reminiscent of how Robin Sparkles danced in her old music video from How I Met Your Mother. Strange reference, maybe, but that's what popped into my head.

Either way... Mind. Blown.

The development, both of the baby and Jenna and myself as a couple of parents, is such a crazy phenomenon. We read the websites, have a pile of baby books, and we talk about baby stuff quite a bit. Some say it's the size of a lemon, others say plum, others say medium sized star fruit (they really like fruit references and nobody said anything about a medium sized star fruit). I feel like I've already learned so much, but I know I haven't even touched the surface. I'm surprised all the time. It's the best surprise though, because it's ongoing, constant, and it ends with being a parent.

I have noticed a few other things that have struck me as funny or interesting. Most potently is the fact that I am much more emotional now than I have ever been before. I don't cry, obviously, because I'm a man and men never cry... what are you trying to say, I'll fight you! Just kidding, I don't buy into the archetypes set by the dumbest parts of our society over the sexes. I don't cry... yet. I have smiled gigantic smiles or gotten ridiculously happy based on TV shows, movies, nice stories, anything. My friend Spencer said turning 40 made him a cry baby, but I think it was having his daughter Charlie and the lack of time he spends with me.

I (sorta) understand the whole, touch the pregnant woman's belly. I constantly want to touch Jenna's belly, even though we can just now feel the little baby bump (also awesome). I assume this means that when friends or strangers hear Jenna is pregnant, they are filled with so much instant, deeply rooted in personal history, and intense love for her and the baby and just can't stay away. That happens right?

Overall, I'm just elated. I know I keep saying similar things and might come off as a broken record, but when that record is playing the best song in the world, who can blame me.


1 comment:

  1. The movement description is awesome.. I know exactly what episode of HIMYM you are talking about "Im gonna rock your body till Canada day". So exciting to hear all the updates. Keep growing little Chew!

    ReplyDelete